Pay It Forward is an enriching and powerful way to live our lives. The movie of the same title gave more credence to a practice that has been followed by countless others over the centuries.
Just in case you are still in the dark about it.. here are the details
Do something for someone else.
Something totally unexpected.
Something that makes them smile.
Don’t expect ‘or accept’ anything in return.
That’s it! It may inspire this person to do something nice for someone else, and those people to do something nice for someone else… and so on. Wouldn’t this be a great week if everyone participated? Aren’t you happy that you got the ball rolling? Keep in mind that this does NOT have to be someone you know and it does NOT have to involve cash. That part is up to you.
Suggestions to get you started:
1) Buy groceries for the person in front or back of you in line.
2) Hold the door for someone entering or leaving at the same time.
3) Babysit a friend or neighbor’s children or pets. (for free)
4) Pay the rent or car payment (one time)
5) Have a friend or colleague starting a new business? Give them a positive review and share their posts online
6) Leave a gift basket or flowers at a neighboring door step.
7) Smile at someone who is frowning and clearly having a bad day
8) Buy Coffee or ice cream for the next person in line at your favorite hangout.
9) See someone carrying heavy load or juggling children and groceries? Help them out.
These are just a few ideas to get your brain kick-started in the right direction.
Please Share this post.
Let me know what you did to PAY IT FORWARD.